Straz Gear Inc. surgical masks are made in Canada with care at a facility near Vancouver, British Columbia. Materials are supplied from quality sources and we ensure they meet high standards. The masks adhere to regulatory standards of ASTM for surgical-grade mask construction. The highest standards, protocols and processes are in place to ensure each one of these ASTM level 3 masks are produced with superb craftsmanship.
Comfort & Durability:
- Ear loops are 40% wider than traditional 3-ply face masks
- Shorter ear bands lengths that are designed for smaller faces; fewer needs for knots
- High quality elastic using spandex (70%) and nylon (30%)
- Smaller sized face masks provide a more comfortable & formed fit
- The hydrophilic softer non-woven fabric on the inside helps wick moisture off the face
- Odourless with no strong scents. All raw material used are new & non-recycled
- Filtration materials are medical grade as used in health care environments and help to block the small germ particles. See “Technical Specs” below for full details.
ASTM RATINGS – ASTM International sets the preferred standard in healthcare for best practices and requirements for performance and materials in masks. They follow FDA guidelines in the four main areas of Fluid Resistance, Differential Pressure, Filter Efficiency and Flammability.